Saturday, February 12, 2011

A True Valentine Meaning

What perks do I get when it's valentines day and in few days time is my birthday?

A breakfast in bed? - No, an early morning coffee talk with Archie instead. It feels great to reminisce eight years of courtship and nearly twelve years of marital bliss.

Chocolates? - No. I'm not into sweet delicacies nor truffles ( except for the classic donut and halo-halo ).
I LOVE YOUs, frequent warm embraces and sincere kisses are more than enough. Yes, they might be customary but they always give an intense impact and they are the truest gestures of l-o-v-e.

Flowers? - Yes but not by force. Archie is not keen on sending flowers. At least I've learned to understand that since we got married. He has his own unique way of showing his affection - cooking for me is one of them!

Surprise gift? - No. A genuine and simple greeting is notably the sweetest. I'm not really fussy when it comes to celebrating special occasions. I don't get irritated when I don't receive well wishes from Archie and Dayne. But don't get me wrong I love surprises too!

Hanging out in a romantic restaurant? - No, having our favorite donut with OJ is seemingly beyond compare.

A movie date? -  He loves action films but I love to see a feel-good romantic movie this time. Not a good idea. Sacrificing little things wouldn't harm us anyway. Remember that love is a sacrifice and it can never be a compromise.

A date elsewhere? - hmmm maybe! A short walk at Eastcoast and nestle on those wood benches will do. A church visit for thanksgiving will be lovely and a 20-minute rosary will always be necessary.
LOVE is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never ends.
-The Holy Bible-

Life is so much easier living with the sweetest, loving the simplest!
Yes, we are deeply and insanely in love with her!
Roses Are Red...
Roses are red; daisies are white;
Valentine, you make every day a delight.




Violets are blue; daffodils are yellow;
Valentine, you make my heart jiggle like Jello!
-Joanna Fuchs-


Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment