Friday, February 4, 2011

Littlest Things make the Biggest

Photo credit: Google images
When boredom attacks, I do simple things to alleviate it - things likely to make me happy. Unnecessary conversations or 'tsismisan' is definitely not one of them. (Minsan lang!)

Aside from searching good blogs, I also enjoy writing. I like to write about the littlest things or any special portion of events and the blessings and teachings they contain.

I've always had the yearning to draw and sketch even if sometimes I cannot get the exact result that I want. I love to sketch frocks or any formal attire. When I was young I also aspired of becoming a fashion illustrator but Nursing was more of a priority to me.
I remember doing paper dolls for my friends and their thank you gestures were my sweetest reward.

I can draw depending on my mood.

A desperate photographer - Yes! I love taking pictures. I'm not an expert but I always find pleasure in doing it. I have shot a few of my impressive macros and I'm keen to learning and trying. I love to take pictures of flowers and sceneries too but oftentimes I can't get a sharp, decent composition just like other photographers do. A proper tutorial from the likes of Lito Sy or Nelwin Uy will surely create a professional quality.
......and speaking of flowers, Roses for valentines day would be nice. If Archie is unable to remember this day, I'll give him a chance to redeem himself 'till the 18th! But seriously,  being a devoted and loving husband is more than enough than having a cozy dinner at a romantic restaurant or showering our bed with Rose petals!

Taken at Pasir Ris Park

I love this picture! The lighting is a little dramatic.


Reading can be such a solitary experience yet it gives me different kind of excitement. One of my favorite books - The Shack by William P. Young. This was given to me by a patient who is a priest in Spain. It's a Christian novel. It made me realised the lack of faith that I have. Well, it depends upon on how you draw your own percention of faith. It is very inspirational and has a beyond interesting contents. Reading it can be too engaging but it can also be dangerous - Catholic Media Review.

Another book that I can suggest is from one of our local writers Jon Escoto. There was a point in time when I wanted to leave my profession because it has been so routinely and that I found no more excitement to hug but his book made me see beyond the soul of work.
It also suggested wise and concrete ideas to make your job worth keeping and enjoying. You can easily find it in our local religious bookshops or you rather borrow mine.

40 Days of meeting God in your Office Cubicle...:)
You spend more than 60 percent of your waking hours at work. So if you're miserable in the office, you are therefore miserable more than half time you're awake! Imagine what your life woud be if you could turn those long working hours of sheer drudgery into Extraordinay Joy - something you only dream about while you sleep.
-Jon  Escoto-

DIY party favors - I love doing party favors for free! I mean, you buy and I can do it for you free of charge ( for as long as I'm not busy ). There are plenty of DIY party favor ideas available in the internet, you just have to browse them with patience.
They doesn't have to be very expensive but they should be creative and lovely as they serve as the memento of the event.

Ward's Christmas favors 2010

Meet my lovable assistant!

Petal tossing cones



Crafting = Mother and daughter bonding.
Being with Dayne makes me feel young yet it also makes me look old. Playing with her makes me feel like a kid again but after the 'kalat' you will hear her famous line "mi you can fix them better than I do."....oh gosh, poor Nanay! Lucky, Tatay is always there to rescue...Nonetheless, spending time with her is priceless.

You can't disturb her. She's busy!


She and her subtle mind!


Trying to create another Tinkerbell!

Love gives meaning to our lives – as do friendship, or art or faith in God. These are factors of true happiness, of inner peace, of feelings of harmony, allowing meaning to our existence.
-MeaningS of Life-

No comments:

Post a Comment