Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Happy Froyo Ice Cream Treat



I’m so deeply in love with ice cream, for a split moment of insanity, I thought that she might actually like me back.  Ice cream is always irresistible; it’s like dew drops to a thirsty man in the desert, like air after being underwater for a long time, like sex to the forty year old virgin, like that Gucci bag to the fashionista – it is love.      - LadyIronChef -
                                                      

Mamang sorbetero, anong ngalan mo?
Tinda mong ice cream, gustong-gusto ko
Init ng buhay, pinapawi mo
Sama ng loob, nalilimutan ko
CHORUS:
Mamang sorbetero, tayo'y sumayaw
Kalembang mong hawak, muling ikaway
Batang munti, sa 'yo'y naghihintay
Bigyang ligaya ngayong tag-araw

Masdan ang ulap sa himpapawid
Korteng sorbetes sa pisngi ng langit
Mata ng dalaga'y nananaginip
Mayro'ng sikretong nasasaisip

[Repeat CHORUS] 
Mainit na labi, nagbabagang mata
Sunog na pag-ibig, parang awa mo na
Mamang sorbetero, o, nasaan ka
Init ng buhay, pawiin mo na...

La la la la la...
-C. Legaspi-

Sorbetes ( popularly known as 'dirty ice cream' ) - Who wouldn't love it? Who wouldn't crave for it? Well, I haven't had a craving for an ice cream in a really long time ( I can't even remember the last time we had a scoop of it at Swensens). Not because the fear of having obesity crisis and the risk of having diabetes always sink deep into my mind but I just long for a Pinoy concoction. I don't know why but for some reason, commercial ice cream is not as good as before. I know many won't agree, it's just a plain opinion!

When we were young, our parents would usually bribe us an ice cream every time we hand them our report cards containing good grades (meaning, attaining good grades is always imperative).
The continuous and enticing loud ringing bell from ice cream peddlers always bring excitement to me  and to my siblings. The cart with large metal canisters offers a variety of flavors to choose from. Ube, manga, keso, jackfruit, melon sprinkled with pinipig are just among my favorites. Certainly, it wouldn't be complete without the 'apa' (an ice cream cone). I always prefer the sweet one.

Oh, If only I could fly back home and indulge myself in a sinfully delightful one....
I can't be otherwise...

Pleasure disappoints, possibility never!

Having the alternative

Archie gave in to temptation! He had been avoiding ice cream for months now. By the way, he can be the craziest when it comes to ice cream and chocolates. Imagine, he had been monopolising McDonalds' Hot Fudge for quite a while. That was when he's not into jogging yet!..oh He's a hunk now, to the slightest degree!..Keep on working Babe! Anyway, we saw this ice cream kiosk aptly named 'Ice Cream Parlour' with a number of teenagers in queue so we decided to try their frozen dairy goodness / creamy ice cream.
Oh boy! Such legitimate sweetness can surely cause one toothless!

and the other alternative

Have you seen a palate begging? My daughter has this usual drama of earnestly begging for a frozen yogurt whenever she sees one. We really don't allow her to have it or any cold products for that matter because she's prone to tonsillitis which will eventually develop to having fever. And that's our biggest worry, for her to be caught up in a real drama with scenarios of vomiting and rigors. But sometimes as parents we blindly give in to what will make our children happy despite the consequences.
Well, I didn't understand her craze for yogurts not until I reconsidered having a second attempt of it. It's a healthy alternative to ice cream although it tastes slightly sour.
A frozen yogurt shop adjacent Pasir Ris MRT station having a strange name 'Devil Yogurt and His Wicked Comrades' offers rage whipped yogurts that you'll surely like.
http://www.devilyogurt.com/?id=4840

evil yogurt with colorful minions

devilish name, Heavenly taste


  An invitingly soft curly swirls from a shallow cup

A DIY Yogurt

I love the color combination. It's so sweet.

Archie with the pretty Malaysian cashier.

A strange name, isn't?


Such a sweet S$3.30 birthday treat from a sweet husband!
I love my simple yet amazing life!


No comments:

Post a Comment