Monday, February 21, 2011

Not Just a Stock in Bed

Loads of laundry, a tiring chore, just managed to finish.
Cooking, already done by Archie. We can always have 'Pinangat' (short lingo for 'pangatlong init') for dinner.
Organizing clothes, done.
Sweeping the floor, done.
Overseas phone call to family, done.
Morning habit, done.

The nature of being idle makes me think of writing. Yes, I'm a boundless enthusiast!  And yes, it's true, that even if I'm the only ardent reader of what I write, I will never get tired of doing so!
If unable to, my dermatitis would kill me! And so, I need to spare myself from that! It's better than any other skin ointment! Thus, writing is essential!
And I don't want to be futile, lying on bed all day, contemplating and planning for my future, our future! At least, I've refrained from worrying about what the future holds. I've learned to submit it all up to God! Surely, He will help us respond even to the toughest spots of our lives!..So why spend time being skeptical about the future? Don't let worries assault us in any way! This is what our father would tell us whenever he sees us worrying. Oh, he's our own version of Patrick Madrid!
I always adore his teachings! He makes the scriptures simpler for us to digest easily.
Well, I'm not here to discuss about Biblical passages, I'm not good at that and most probably will never be! I'm just a humble listener, trying my utmost to become a good follower of Christ.

But lemme be a little bit nostalgic....
Let me rekindle the time when we had our first vacation trip as a family to a nice neighboring Asian place.

When my daughter was still studying at St. Mary's Quezon City, she obtained number of special recognitions in English and Science (contrary to what she was doing during her Nursery days at Veterans Hospital Day Care Center whereas she spent the entire day sleeping at one corner and will only get up when I am about to fetch her after my duty).
She's very intelligent and hardworking. She definitely owes herself an exceptional credit for trying so hard to study. Definitely, not 'mana dito, mana doon'!


She merely continued  to excel in school but we always reiterate to her that actions and attitude towards her fellows are more important than attaining scholarly grades (talking about me being almost always bullied at school during my elementary days. But the bullying died down during my fifth grade as I opted to be transferred to a public school. It wasn't at all a good idea to have left a friend behind! Well, children oftentimes don't know what they are doing! Anyway,it's over and I don't even want to linger on it).

Perhaps as a child, she is more focused on competition so she studies really hard. She would always run to her Lolo Danny for Mathematical issues, to Lola Anne when it comes to Home Economics, to her Lola Jony when it comes to Medicine issues, to her Lolo Meo for hugs and kisses (as the latter is bedbound) and to us for internet troubleshooting and so on. She is truly surrounded by LOVE, though my siblings and Archie's siblings always spoil her!
Every grading period that she is in the top five list, she gets her trophy  - A barbie doll trophy! Just imagine how many barbie dolls she has! They became the fondest collection of her.

Last year, we promised her that we'd bring her to Enchanted Kingdom. She barely knew that her Father and I have already planned to bring her at HK Disneyland. She deserved it anyway.
When we told her about our plan, apparently she appeared not impressed at all as though she's thinking perhaps that our pockets will be badly wounded. She can be mature and understanding in some circumstances.
But her mood changed so fast. Traces of excitement and joy suddenly became visible on her face. She even told me to buy her a cheap jacket just in case she'll need it and so I did.

It was indeed a trip of a lifetime!

Special thanks to Archie's relatives for taking time to tour us despite their very hectic schedule.


Bring bottled water as walking will make you really thirsty.

Book tickets online as I find it cheaper than purchasing it at the site.

Always bring extra shirt for your kids as walking can be very perspiring.

Always wear a smile to have a decent memento.

Having a family picture is always a must.

Having a wacky shot may be lovely too!

Always bring umbrella or something to cover your head as sometimes weather can be so unpredictable.

I so love her!

"Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." - Miriam Beard -

....And so another story was made! Thank God, I didn't remain just a stock, ornamenting the bed. 
I can't afford that!

Have a great time ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment