Sunday, July 29, 2012

Jeepney

Riding a jeepney is truly an amazing experience. For those of you who don't know, jeepney is the primary transportation mode for the Filipinos. It is also known as the king of the road.

I remember our old jeepney named RADICAL. The name was not conceived because my father was a teacher who majored in mathematics but because it's simply the sum of our  initials when added together. It signified our family.  R for Richelle, A for Anne, D for Danny, I for Ian, C for Chriselle, A for Annelyn and lastly L for Lovely. Radical was just a blue and silver metal plated, no colorful and flamboyant icons though I remember a rosary hanging in front of the driver's seat. It used to ply the roads of Marinduque, serving as a major transport of students from Gasan. Now, Radical is not in our possession anymore.

The Pinoy jeepney enkindles a feeling of nostalgia!
Pictures taken at Slocan Park
Dayne is wearing a loose outer top with a jeepney design from cotton on (I was surprised to see this design from an international clothing brand), singlet I bought from a bazaar while I was on a trip to Malaysia, summer specs from Charles and Keith and the denim shorts was given by my sister in law Kareen.

All worthwhile things take time. - Didache, July 30

2 comments: