Sunday, March 13, 2011

Another Nightingale

In journey of life, two things are sure: Birth and Death. Two more things are almost sure: A nurse to receive us at birth and a nurse to assist us at death.                       -Favourite Prayers-
5:00 AM - Starts my morning shift. Coffee for brekky despite the gastritis.
7:00 AM - After one hour travel, endorsement begins.
8:00 AM to 3:00 PM - The tales of a morning staff nurse! Same goes for the afternoon and night shifts.
You know what else would follow if I were to tell you more.
Some branded us a professional maid. Worst, others treat us poorly like the latter.
I really don't mind at all!
At the end of the day, I see a smiling face on a sufferer's bed.
I am covered with patience. My jewels are my touch and love, which know no fear.
My words can reduce fear of images of pain and suffering brought about by the stigma of incurable diseases.
I am haloed with a strong faith when in face to face with death.
Sometimes temper flares me when things become frustrating. It's actually normal!
Sometimes laziness can be so unbearable but I always try to choose to serve with diligence.
Sometimes I'm being haunted with fear but I know the guarantee of God's protection is not just a fairy tale.

I'm hoping to grow more in goodness and grace and leave off all fault-finding and self seeking.
God bless the nurse
It's such a hectic day, With little time to stop and pray.
For life's been anything but busy, Since a nurse You called me to be.

Running around doing tasks, Helping patients from morn to dusk.
Cleaning, feeding and comforting, All these things that patients need.

As I go to bed each night, Lord filled my heart with Your light.
That I may be true to my vocation, And that You'll always be my guide.
-Favourite Prayers-
My Ward 9 Family

Let me share with you my favorite prayer!

NURSES' PASSION OF CHRIST

Let me direct your attention to a horrible scene
That has all the aspects of a feverish dream

One Friday, on Calvary like a hospital ward
Three men were dying, among them Our Lord
It was the worse case of neglect that was ever recorded
These patients, whose pains Pontius Pilate had ordered

On three hard beds in a shape of a cross
Without pillows of blanket, no nurse would endorse
Now the one in the centre our own attention should claim

Jesus of Nazareth the chart gives His name
Some cardiac condition examiners find -
Excessive love for all mankind

Now you who are nurses, just listen to this:
Unsterilized nails pierced His feet and wrists
And what about this for a cruel medication
Vinegar and gall for His alleviation
And His back was swollen from the blows men dealt

But no soothing ointment to lessen a welt
No cold compress were applied to His eyes....

The world's greatest Lover just hangs there and dies
Not a grain of morphine or a tourniquet set
As Mary's Boy is bleeding to death
The chart then concludes as further we see
The sad Man from Nazareth dies about three.

Now don't blame the Jews for this frightful neglect
Our sins did it then, our sins do it yet.

This treatment of Christ demands reparation.
It falls on, nurses of this generation

Whenever you see anyone in pain,
Just make believe it is Cavalry again.
And do for that patient what you wish they had done
For the man in the centre who was Mary's Son

It will thrill His angles; it will please Him too
Just keep at it until your life is through
And when after your death your soul goes on high
He will cap you again in His Home in the sky.
-Favourite Prayers-


Our thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by the disasters in Japan.
And may the regions situated along the Pacific Ring of Fire always be free from danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment