Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Million Little Things

Aside from the love of my family, there are certain things I am truly thankful for.
I've got a huge, grateful heart to those who disposed their kindness and thoughtfulness to me.

Yes, it's always sweet and kind to say 'Thank you'.


In Random:
  • Couple's watch - a pre-valentine gift from Archie. Not a very expensive signature watch, nonetheless, I love it!
  • Snowman statuette - A wonderful Chrissie present from my daughter and my sister Annelyn.They were like Santa Clause who mysteriously hid their pressie from us. They played a  good connivance
  • Our picture done by my sister Richelle. She can be the sweetest! I love her! 
  • Aeropostale shirt from my sister in law Kareen. She has been too generous not only to me but most specially to Dayne and Archie.  
  • A Crucifix and a Didache book - Extremely beautiful despidida gift from my best-friend Norren.  She's a great blessing to me! 
  • A designer bag from Tita Mila.
  • Tita Merla and Tita Eva for their kindness and generosity while I was in college.  
  • Hollister shirt - Jho sent four shirts for me and Archie all the way from California. She's a goddes! She's a mom of three and that makes me so proud of her.
  • In December, I was greatly surprised by a Christmas message via Royal Mail from one of my closest friends in college. I remember confiding my problems to her. She Ria-lly never tolerated my wrongful conduct.
  •  Green purse - A Dhel-ightful pressie from a 2007 radiant bride. Another generous friend from Ireland who gave this to me during her 2007 wedding. Now, she'll be a mom of two. I pray for her safe delivery. 
  • A DKNY bag from Rey - a generous friend from college I had not seen in years! I tried to keep it away from dust for almost eight years. :) 
  • A blouse from Ate Sharon Medina. I love it!
  • A comfy blouse from Melissa Dy. I wore it during the last Sunday mass and I find really comfortable. I also look petite on it. 
  • A native bracelet from my cousin Manoleth.  
  • Charles and Keith discount card handed by Jemily. I love it!
  • A great deal from Ricky. The notebook I've been using for almost seven years finally bid goodbye so I had to replace it. We're so lucky that Ricky gave us a great deal. God is so good! There are always available angels around. 
  • A blue frame from Ate Mercury and Kuya Jerry. I put the picture of the Mother I  love most! 
  • A notebook - Just another Parkway's gesture. I find it useful for my blog drafts, grocery list, recipe list and budget list of expenses. 
  • Parker pen from a former nurse manager Mr. Singh.
  • A mini cat - She's my little Mila, Joe's lovable Persian cat.
  • A cute coin purse from a sweet husband. I love this white purse with Little Twin Star design in front. Kiki and Lala are so adorable.
  • HK shirts from Ate Me-ann, Kuya Efren and Ate Carina. They are so kind.
  • A hand over top from Cherrylyn Co. It doesn't fit me anymore but I still keep it with me. I can pass it over to Dayne. 
  • Books from previous patients. I treasure them!
  • A mirror from a Chinese colleague Ms. Looi. She tendered her resignation recently. I'll surely miss her transparency. 
 Forgive me if in case I missed anyone!

I'm so blessed!

As the cliche goes, the best things in life are free. But in this place full of desires for mundanely possession and power, there are great things that we ought to be truly thankful for:

 Smiles, compassion, bed time stories, Sunday breakfasts, honesty, friends, hugs, support, kindness, a walk on a beach, growing, belief, glimpsing a sunrise, holding a new born baby, comfort, shooting stars, listening to the wisdom of our elders, seeing a butterfly, calling a sibling, breathing deeply, looking into the eyes of our beloved, singing happy birthday, gratitude, passion, coloring with a child, the flickering of fireflies, listening to awaken us to dawn, hope, standing up for something good, caring, sunsets, sharing a poem, good memories, learning something, forgiveness, lovely dreams, laughter, tenderness, love songs, decency, a pat on the back, sharing a special treat, sleeping in a soft bed, family, acceptance, accomplishment, sitting by a fire in winter, finding a seashell, dedication to a cause, moonlight, compassion, finding animals in the clouds, listening to the questions of a child, clear water, forgiveness, family dinners, bubble baths, children's recitals, flowers, love making, fancy chocolates, silence, snow angels, starfish, dancing, devotion, making a difference, God. - Credit to Goodness Graciousness by Jennifer Jones.

Have a wonderful Ash Wednesday morning!
 Let's try to avoid complaining about trivial things. Remember those that we oftentimes take for granted. Be happy! Be thankful and be contented even with the littlest things!

No comments:

Post a Comment