Thursday, March 3, 2011

Joe's Lovable Mila

The life of a stray cat is uncertain - some may struggle to find food to survive, the vulnerable may be abused, and many become accident victims. Others are fortunate enough to be adopted by caring people, but the fact remains that there are not enough homes for most of them. - D. Moss
I just found myself purchasing a book about cats. It might be a unique present for Joe. I want him to be happy in my own little yet sincere way!
Amazing photograph by Bian Huibin
Their survival instinct is something that is truly admirable.
You sexy little thing!
Yearning for L-O-V-E......Oh,  poor little creature!

 A colleague asked me to visit him and take pictures of his Persian cat named Mila. 
At first, I was quite hesitant because I really don't like cats. I mean, I basically grew up having dogs and cats at home but I've learned not to become fond of them, perhaps because I was bitten by them several times when I was young and I had to experience the agony of anti-rabies vaccine. I've also tried the local traditional remedy known as 'tawak'.

Contrary to me who don't like pets, my sister Richelle adores them. She looks like the motherly type to them. She adopts stray animals (commonly dogs and cats) and providing decent home for them makes her truly happy. She would even sleep with them (always been the subject of our argument!), feed them (with her bare hands!), kiss them (oh, she's not even afraid of rabies!) and bathe them (that's quite tolerable).  
But honestly, I envy the way she would mingle and talk to them.

Muning's humble little shelter with my sister Richelle who seemed to have that strange magnet to animals.

And another thing, I'm a certified novice! I don't think I could even render a good shot.
 ....Until one day I've got the chance to meet Mila, the lovable cat!


Come closer Mila!
My first encounter with Mila was agreeably fine although she became quite apprehensive and coward of me when I took my first shot using a synchronized quick flash. I didn't know that cats are too sensitive to light to the extent that it might cause them having serious vision troubles. Anyway, Mila knows how regretfully sorry I was, (lucky I didn't step her slender tail or else....!).
Nonetheless, she still welcomed a stranger like me with the greatest excitement, evidenced by her continuous flirty wiggling tail as she tried to slide her body against my legs. Oh, she is so domesticated, graceful and submissive!

I'm just starting to appreciate her.

Meet lovable Mila!
According to Joe, he would oftentimes chase her around, giving her marshy thumps.
Mila values vanity. Like ladies, she also has her own early morning beauty regimen.
I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat.  -Edgar Allan Poe-
Oh Mila not that catnap stare, please give me those beautiful expressive looks!

And meet her Daddy Joe!
No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.  -LoeDworken-




Yes, I'll see you again, lovable Mila!




No comments:

Post a Comment