Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Humba

For the reason that Lukas needs to be nursed often, I became too busy to cook that's why I selected easy and quick recipes to cover our weekly menu.

For busy mothers like me, I'm sharing one of my favorite dishes.


Ingredients:

1 lb. pork (ideally pork belly)
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup vinegar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 bay leaf
1 tsp peppercorns
potatoes (optional)
hard boiled eggs (optional)
salt to taste
other ingredient: dried banana blossoms (optional)

Procedure:
  1. Simply combine the water, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, pork, garlic, bay leaf and peppercorns. Bring to boil and wait until the pork belly is tender or very soft (depends on your liking).
  2. Add salt to taste.
  3. Add the potatoes or the dried banana blossoms and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
  4. Add the hard boiled eggs.
  5. Voila! Share and enjoy!
I'm proud to be a domestic servant! Happy eating everyone!

And whoever receives one child such as this in my name receives me. - Matthew 18:5 Didache 14th August

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is so yummy, Ann! I love humba but have never tried to do it. When I attempt to do it I often settle for Asian-style barbecue(which is so totally unrelated!)so thanks for sharing this! Will definitely try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. comment coming from an ideal mom/lawyer/great cook is truly flattering. Anyway, this is the easiest procedure I know Ms. Abby although my mom's version is more delightful. I cook this whenever I'm lazy or too busy. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete