Saturday, August 18, 2012

Blueberry Cake

Baking is not something new to me as it was my mother's small business in the past. I remember when I was young, baking was never really comforting. It is because my sister and I were always deprived of our playtime. Not only that, the drudgery of washing dishes and cleaning the kitchen often resulted to unending argument with my sister Richelle. Baking was indeed a very tedious job for us and it was often a dilemma deciding who will be the first in line to assist our mother. 

Only later did we realize that cake orders can be made pretty quickly if family members pool their expertise. Most importantly, our mother's small homemade baking business practically helped finance our college education.

As we grow old, our kitchen became the favorite spot in our home. Thanks to our mom who taught us about the different cooking gizmos and basic techniques in baking.

photos taken during our recent blueberry picking expedition


Click this link for the complete recipe:  http://www.manilaspoon.com/2012/08/blueberry-sour-cream-cake.html
I would say, following baking recipes can be an exercise in frustration but I can't be hopeless every time I am tempted to try.

My very first Blueberry cake.

Lord, my heart is prone to wander, prone to leave the God I love. Here's my heart. Take it and seal it for Your courts above. - Didache 17th August

All credits to Abigail Sotto-Raines of Manila Spoon
Happy birthday Tito Noel! May God continue to bless you with good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment