Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cilantro-Lime Rice

I've tasted the best rice-chicken combo popularly known as Kabsa when I was in Jeddah. This is an Arabic rice dish to die for.  Sad to say, Arabic restaurants in Manila only seem to display culinary folklore in their menu list and they can't seem to offer the same taste to the locals. One of those I've tried didn't even satisfy my taste buds. This is probably because it is not part of our main cuisine.
On the contrary, I didn't know that the chicken and mutton Biryani of Singapore would be the closest to the taste of Kabsa. Having this rice dish is like having the entire banquet of flavors and spices. On few occasions, I've tried to imitate the recipes provided online but I ended up cooking Paella. The latter anyway is also one of my favorite recipes ever.

Last Saturday, I found myself scavenging through our fridge for something to eat but I found a bunch of cilantro leaves and lemons which are beginning to rot sitting in one corner. Since I can't possibly imitate the Kabsa or Biryani, I thought of trying the Cilantro-Lime Rice idea that I found while I was browsing the Manila Spoon blog. As a rice eater, this recipe is something fresh to me and it is also something that any average cook like me can prepare with ease.  In addition, I was inspired to do it because my eldest loves the lime aroma.

To my surprise, Dayne finished her share with gusto. She loves it with porkchop.
I modified the plating by putting a little drama using onion leaves. No wonder, Dayne had it pictured and posted the image on Instagram as well.

For the recipe, click this link: http://www.manilaspoon.com/2012/05/cilantro-citrus-rice.html
or you can visit www.manilaspoon.com or simply type manila spoon. Having www typed is already obsolete although you can still use it. Just sharing. Wink.

It's pretty amazing that the author of the blog made the cooking procedure so concise and easy to follow and she also proved that it is indeed lovely to match it with any Pinoy viands.

"We must be ever thankful for small miracles, and ever hopeful for receiving greater ones." (Elmer Schultz) - Didache, August 21

No comments:

Post a Comment