Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Poem by a 7th Grader

Poems made by Dayne as part of their school activities.

Appeal of the Hopeful

My Philippines, I wish I could help you.
Help to prosper you. Help you to live on.
Oh, poor child in me, yearning for hopes and dreams. Pining for faith and peace!

Oh, my Pearl of the Orient Seas, It saddens me to know you being devastated by numerous calamities and disasters.
It hurts me to hear the bitterness of rampant political corruption.
It bruises me to learn about murders, robbery and piracy.

Oh, I know it must be a hard fare but I'm so willing to serve you as your descendant.
I will be a channel to convey your needs.
 I know I am only a child yet hear me roar.
I will always pray for you my land, my home.
Let my prayers be heard. And let your three stars and a sun in the flag shine!
And welcome the glory of a bright future!

Formal Things are Beautiful

Formal things are beautiful
Far from the colloquial form
Attires like tuxedos and gowns
By far the regular norm
Conversations are being observed
In such gathering like a wedding event
Dance, ceremonies are highly organized
To make a bash a great accomplishment

And casual things are beautiful
Posh and chic dresses are considerable
Tees and jeans are common wear
That makes anyone very comfortable
Everything may be relaxed and conventional
Warm remarks are oftentimes noticeable
Gestures are pleasant and friendly
That makes a party magnetizable

Tricky Things are Beautiful

Tricky things are beautiful
Incredible stuffs make us whole
Impossible feats by abracadabra
Force that makes us fool
Close your eyes
As you believe
You can see
And we can achieve

And possible things are beautiful
Doesn't need magic at all
Like blossoming flowers everywhere
Make nature look so wonderful
Birds singing now and then
Are musical sound of elegance
Such melody created by God
Makes every little child dance

Teaching while cooking. We're so lucky to have a very matiisin daughter. Don't always long for what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough! That's what I always tell her.

Lord, train our eyes to see the gold in others. - Didache, February 1, 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment