Friday, February 3, 2012

Decorating and DIY

I'm sharing my own simple, inexpensive ideas to decorate minuscule living spaces. 
 You don't have to be a professional interior designer to get the setup of your choice. You can can always give your home a fresh facelift. You can also decorate your home using your old home ornaments and budget-friendly finds. Mix and match!

 White with silver emblem cushions worth $2 each. You can get luxe finds from thrift or one dollar stores.

I admire simple contemporary home furnishings without eliminating the Pinoy concept of home. It is the attributes of simplicity and subtle sophistication that I've always wanted in our home. I am not really a fan of Victorian interiors although it is  more appealing to others. It depends on your perspective.

I can't discard this small native fridge magnet. It reminds us of home.
We caged our tech setup in a small black cabinet and we are slowly working on our wall mounted shelving to utilize other spaces. We are hoping to doll up our room when the budget warrants to. I'm sooo excited!

The glass cabinet was purchased from a garage sale on craiglist. Sold to me at a very decent price. There are many interesting excess household belongings sold online and you may include yard sale finds for your home makeover.
Chic wall frames hailing from Ikea. I've arranged them at one side of our home. They are considerably very affordable.

 Pictures of our family is basically what I decided to be the focal point of our home. They made our wall more streamlined and most importantly these colored snapshots ridiculously carry good memories.

One way of turning your empty wall into eye candy.

You can always make a wall gallery of your favorite pictures. You can arrange them symmetrically or by random cluster. It's your choice! You can use tape measure to make the spacing even and you can use adhesive hook and loop strips to fastened the frames instead of using nails. For some strange reason, I am gifted with good eyes for estimating the spaces.

Sleek magnetic picture frame worth $2. I designed the magnets.

The magnets look like real jewels:) Simple picture frames can seem like a luxury!
Pink home accessories may be very feminine but they can be sophisticated when combine with black or white. You can always inject this soft hue in your homes or you can choose any palette depending on your design aesthetic. You may want to try purple as well. They say pink, purple, red, brown and green are the lucky colors of the year.

A nice dining table given by the Sagers. They've been so generous to us. Pink chair cushions are from Ikea. Modern stainless fruit tray is only $2.

Our old white curtain which I bought in Singapore during the great Singapore sale in July. You can also find great fabric curtains at Aussino. The curtain rod is only $4.
Dayne at 2 y/o. The reason behind the pout is her fear of the camera flash and the photographer. Collection of family photos is the secret to make your house a home.

Putting your wedding photo in a white frame is always a classic option. I got the white wedding statuette for only $2 at Thrifty Store.

 White is one of the main colors of contemporary style interiors. You will never go wrong with white. It is always embracing, classic, clean and fresh.
 
This huge elegant black frame was given to me by Kuya Willie (father of my brother in law). It previously contained a copy of my solo picture in Jeddah but I decided to remodel it. The photo was beautifully laminated by my sister Richelle. You can use creative ways to reuse your old frames.

I always keep this Holy Cross at home.

You can turn your home into an attractive spot no matter how pied-a-terre petite your budget is.


Lord, take the work of my hands as my gift to You. May they sing out the love I feel in my heart for You. - Didache, February 3, 2012 

No comments:

Post a Comment