Friday, April 8, 2011

Confessions of a Loving Daughter

To be perfectly honest, sometimes I find it hard to express my gratitude with love, honesty and authenticity. I may not always show it but I do appreciate my parents for consistently loving us.

To my loving parents,

Thank you for loving us.
Thank you for guiding and nurturing us.
Thank you for the countless hugs and kisses.
Thank you for keeping us safe and secure during our early childhood.
Thank you for teaching us ABC's.
Thank you for setting consistent consequences whenever we did something wrong.  We were able to learn and grow maturely.
Thank you for forbidding us to watch TV during weekdays. We were able to shape our own discipline.
Thank you Papa for the beautiful love letters you've sent me. The contents are worth their weight in gold. I treasure them dearly.


Taken during their 2010 summer vacation.

Thank you for sending us to a good school.
Thank you Mama for making cakes and delightful dishes during our birthdays.
Thank you for introducing us to Santa Claus. Our enthusiasm for Christmas did not wither.
Thank you for teaching us the art of praying.
Thank you for always having constant hope for me when I didn't have for myself.
Thank you for throwing us into the sea. We were able to swim without drowning.
Thank you for the emotional support when I failed my first nursing board exam.
Thank you Papa for being the sweetest Angel when you said "di lang kita aakayin, kakargahin pa kita." In my weakest moment you've given me comfort.
Thank you for understanding my shortcomings.


Photos taken via Instagram

Thank you for continuously telling me not to give up when I said I couldn't do it anymore.
Thank you for being a good mediator when my siblings and I are having petty quarrels. Thank you for treating us equally and never swelled on one side of an argument.
Thank you for nursing me whenever I get sick.
Thank you Mama for flying from Marinduque to Manila just to visit me when I had my first delivery. We are still hoping for our second child.
Thank you for those overseas phone-calls during special occassions.
Thank you for loving my daughter as your own.
Thank you for everything!

I love you Papa and Mama.
I thank God for having you as my greatest gift.


Happy birthday to my mother in law. I hope that this day will bring her an extra share of all that will make her the happiest!

No comments:

Post a Comment