Friday, April 22, 2011

Taking His Route

" Back in harness" - I have never used this metaphoric expression in my status in Facebook. I love to think that I was designed for nursing but there were times when I felt that there is no more excitement left for me to hug at work. Perhaps it is due to stress.

At the ward, I have my own "deaf-mute" culture and sadly, the best way to survive and last longer is to swim with the current (if not, you'll be drowned without you knowing).

I love being a nurse! At the wrath of typhoon (can't recall the name), I was working at Veterans' oncology unit. At the height of H1N1, I was working with full PPE at Mount E.  At the time when I should be celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary, there was I working (even if I had just undergone dilatation and curettage). Instead of celebrating the joy of the holiday season with my family back home, I wasn't able to because my job at King Fahad Hospital competed for it.
But even before I decided to join the league of nurses (although there were few times when I regretted it), I have already embraced that the important and biggest part of my time will be stolen from me.

I still chose to continue to work not only because I enjoy the OFW pay but because this is the route He has chosen for me.

Ate Mercury celebrated her birthday at work.

"My father is at work until now, so I am at work."
Happy working my Ward 9 family. Will be back in harness soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment