Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Lunchdate

I love Saturdays! It is the only time I can focus on chronicling the special moments of our life, doing DIY projects that I find interesting at Pinterest or any other activity that strikes my fancy. This is my first blog after giving birth to a beautiful baby boy named Lukas. Thank God I have an amazing husband who always help me with half of the household chores so I can have my me time.

green fruits on a stick adorned with green ribbon
 Today, I'm on my sixth postpartum day and thank God again I didn't experience postnatal depression. This is what the doctor repeatedly discussed with me during my 3-day stay at the maternity hospital. Well, I don't think Filipino women are prone to that. We always see pregnancy not only as a great blessing but as a glory as well.
I'm also happy that my bleeding had dramatically decreased after I've expelled a fist size portion of the placenta post twenty four hours of delivery. Imagine that!

 And because I just gave birth, Archie did the grocery shopping this morning. I was so impressed that he was able to follow the grocery list and he was able to maximize our weekly grocery budget.
We planned for a simple lunchdate to celebrate the feast of St. Patrick. Of course, Ate Dayne dressed in something so fresh and green.

We might consider participating the Vancouver Celticfest tomorrow. Ate Dayne would love see stilt walkers and acrobats, live music and street market.

Ate Dayne enjoying Pritong Isda and Nilagang Monggo with Ampalaya
She wants a chocolate dipping sauce. Next time anak!

Wishing my dear friend in Dublin, Dhel and her daughter JT a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Often we are more concerned about the facade rather than the interior. We seek man's approval more rather than God's, since men are the ones who criticize us or applaud us. But only God can determine everything. It all depends on the condition of our heart. Everything else is cosmetics.
St. Patrick, bishop, patron of Ireland and Nigeria, pray for us. - Didache, March 17, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment